Monday, January 7, 2013

Before application installation

Everyone, hello again.

Sorry for delay, I was really busy last 3 months, so I haven't a time to do any blog's activity. But now I have a time and will continue configuration posts. Lets continue post installation configuration.

I plan to perform all installations via ports and this is mean that I will download everything from Internet. Lets increase the download speed and decrease the load on general FreeBSD.org servers. Create file /etc/make.conf and add into it:

MASTER_SITE_BACKUP?= \
    ftp://ftp8.ua.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/${DIST_SUBDIR} \
    ftp://ftp7.ua.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/${DIST_SUBDIR} \
    ftp://ftp6.ua.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/${DIST_SUBDIR} \
    ftp://ftp5.ua.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/${DIST_SUBDIR} \
    ftp://ftp4.ua.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/${DIST_SUBDIR} \
    ftp://ftp3.ua.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/${DIST_SUBDIR} \
    ftp://ftp2.ua.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/${DIST_SUBDIR} \
    ftp://ftp.ua.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/${DIST_SUBDIR}
MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE?= ${MASTER_SITE_BACKUP}


Now, make will check Ukrainian servers first for distributives.

I want to thank these guys for this information.

The next step is to make ports versions actual. Cvsup will help to do it. I will not use it within X-system.

cd /usr/ports/net/cvsup-without-gui
make
make install

I have to configure it to work with Ukrainian cvsup servers and specify what exactly I want to update. I will use supfile from template:

cp /usr/share/examples/cvsup/cvs-supfile /usr/local/etc/

I want to start this utility via cron, so I don't need graphic interface to it. The command to run update is:

cvsup -g -L 2 <path_to_supfile>

My configuration:

/usr/local/etc/cvs-supfile
*default host=cvsup5.ua.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/var/db
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
ports-all

You can use cvsup for src update too, but I don't plane re-build the world this time and will not update something except the ports.

Check handbook for additional information.

Well, now my ports are updated, this process scheduled on a daily basis and I can start X-system installation.

Best regards!
\^_^/

2 comments:

  1. one more time XDDD

    Hello again, EVERYONE.

    Sorry for THE delay. I HAVE BEEN really busy FOR THE last 3 months, so I haven't time to do any blog's activity. Now I have time and will continue THE FREEBSD configuration posts. Lets continue THE post installation configuration DESCRIPTION.

    I plan to perform all THE installations via ports and IT meanS that I will download everything from THE Internet.
    [...]

    I have to configure it to work with Ukrainian cvsup servers and specify what exactly DO I want to update. I will use supfile from THE template:
    [...]

    I want to start this utility via cron, so I don't need THE graphic interface FOR it. The command to run update is:
    [...]
    You can use cvsup for src update too, but I don't PLAN TO re-build the world this time and will not update something except the ports.

    Check THE handbook for THE additional information.

    Well, now my ports are updated, this process IS scheduled on a daily basis and I can start THE X-system installation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mikomi,

    thank you again for the corrections. These are very helpful.

    ReplyDelete